Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Paris - Day 4

Pictures

M and K left this morning to drive to Le Mont Saint Michelle for the night. Then tomorrow they are going to do a trip through Normandy. That left J and I to do what we wanted. As you all know given the chance J and I will sleep as much as we possibly can. So that is exactly what we did. I have always thought the AM hours were overrated anyway.

We got out of the apartment a little after noon and headed down to Les Duex Magots in Saint-Germain-des-Prés for lunch. The food was wonderful and the wine even better. J and I split a salmon quiche and a goat cheese sandwich and washed it down with a bottle of Sancerre. You would have though I had been drinking before lunch because I left my camera back in the apartment. So we spent some more time on the Metro, which is always a treat when you get to stand next to that guy or girl that hasn't quite gotten around to their weekly bath.

Back in Saint-Germain-des-Prés we walked around and went in some of Ina Garten's (The Barefoot Contessa) favorite shops. Why you ask? Just look up the restraining order that Ina took out against J, it will explain it all.

After that we walked back up the hill to Montparnasse for some more sleeping. Can you ever really sleep too much?

Our dinner for the evening was at another location recommended by our friends the Shewbrooks called Le Soufflé. Can you guess what the serve at Le Soufflé? Thats right soufflé, but what you didn't know is that they serve it for every course of the meal. We started with soufflé fromage, and then rose into Soufflé King Henri IV, which involved chicken and mushroom, and we finished it off with a chocolate soufflé. One of the better meals ever. The chocolate soufflé was like nothing I have ever had. I just want to know what dude sat back in a kitchen and made a soufle and then put chocolate in it. It was probably an American but regardless my hat is off to him.

Fin

CE

No comments: